It is always exciting to give a new breath of life to your home without spending too much money, right?
Painting your home with the help of a reputed residential painting company is the simplest and cheapest way to give your home a big makeover. In fact, it is recommended that you take the services of a commercial painter often as research shows that a good residential painting lasts only for about three years. This means, if you want your home to continue to look new, you have to paint it at least once every three years.
That said, picking the right color choices is essential and unfortunately, this is where most people fail. To help you through this process, we have come up with a set of tips that will help you to choose the right colors. Instead of suggesting a specific color for each part of your house, all that we’re doing here is give you a broad idea of the color scheme you can consider to make your house more beautiful. You can also discuss your ideas with a residential painting company and they may be ready to give you inputs on this as well.
Tips to Choose the Right Paint Color
- Avoid having too many colors in the mix. Most commercial painters and contractors will also walk you out of this idea as it not only increases your cost but can also give a funny look to your home.
- Pick two to three colors that contrast well with each other. Again, we’re not going into the specific colors as it depends on your tastes and needs.
- Avoid those colors that you don’t like as it may give an unpleasant feeling when you walk past that area.
- If you like to spend time outdoors, consider colors that mimic nature such as brown and green.
- Think for a moment about your favorite activity. If you’re one of those people who prefer to read a book in a corner, you’re better off choosing mild and toned shades. On the other hand, if you’re an active person who loves to move around a lot, you’ll tend to get more attracted to bright colors. Choose your paint accordingly.
- Close your eyes for a moment. What’s the first thing that comes to your mind? The thought or image that comes to your mind when you think of painting is a good guide to determining your preferences and accordingly, the color you should paint.
If none of these work for you, don’t worry. Reach out to an experienced residential painting company and they will be able to help you. Most commercial painting service companies have an in-house design team that can walk you through different colors and help pick the color that’s most appealing to you.
In all, let your home reflect your preferences and personality on its walls so you find it comfortable and appealing. Just make sure to go through this exercise once every few years and choose a reliable and experienced residential painting contractor to finish this job for you. Contact Blue Coyote Painting today.